Wednesday, September 12, 2012

dream bag

Yesterday afternoon I finished one of the Dream Bags that I had fashioned in my mind. 


Most of the bag is made with recycled & repurposed bits of this and that. Scraps that I always knew would tell a story of their own.  The cross stitched motif is one of my free form designs. The outside of the bag is hand dyed linen and the thread used is a hand dyed cotton. The bag is about 5 inches deep and 4 inches wide. It is lined with vintage cotton fabric. The fringe is also vintage. 


Cotton drawstring, and the charm is a piece of wooden ruler with a copper bail, the words on the front are a piece of vintage postcard. 


It would be perfect to hold a person's runes, a handful of crystals, secret wishes scribbled on scraps of paper. Small bits of special. 

More stitching today on Tangled...tea and maybe another dream bag on the docket. 

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments!