Monday, July 30, 2012

{design seeds}

"Dude, you on Facebook again?"  asks Ronon the Kiwi Bird
Ronon the Kiwi Bird sits on my desk in my bedroom and today while I was hooked up and printing, I was making a quick visit to FB and he sort of leaned forward and scolded me. No more Bubble Witch for you! Get to work! Ronon is one of my creative muses. I crocheted him about two years ago using recycled yarn. He has a fun little surfer dude necklace on too that you can't see in this picture.  I might have to persuade Ronon to participate in a photo shoot one of these days.

I have decided that one of my goals before the end of summer is to start a stitch and fabric journal, one that will be a working journal of embroidery ideas, slow cloth concepts and a place where I can stick little snipets of fabric. Something I can carry in my purse/duffle bag for those trips to the thrift shops and flea markets. I am pretty good at just letting the scraps and bits speak to me, but every now and again, I will look at a piece and wonder if its the right blue, or if it has the right texture for a piece I am already working on.

One of my favorite places to visit for color inspiration is this amazing little corner on the net called {design seeds}.  If I find myself, colors not coming together as I might like them to, I wander over there and have a look around at all the color yumminess. Not only do I find palettes that I think would work in my own designing, I often depart considering things I might otherwise pass by for color inspiration.

Here are a few of my recent favorites....





Now I am off to put down a few Snow Angel stitches. 

1 comment:

  1. I like those first 2... I think I might actually have those colours around here...somewhere...

    Personally, I usually just pick up those Paint-Chip samples and booklets at the hardware stores. Many a colour-combo have germinated from them!

    BTW, Ronon needs a straw hat! ;-D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!