Friday, April 13, 2012

stitching & playing

The weekend is shaping up to be a rainy one.  Good too, as we need a few of those spring showers to make up for the snow we did not get this winter.  It also means a weekend of stitchy-yarny-sketchy-bookworm-ish activities.  I've started a good book, The Sharing Knife, by Lois McMaster Bujold and I do believe tomorrow morning (seeing as I know I will be up at 7am even though I don't have to be up!) I will stay under my quilt and read for awhile.  I also brought home from the school library, Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, death, and hope in a Mumbai undercity by Katherine Boo .

My "crocheted flower with stick stem" project was a bust. They are just too 'heavy". So I need to play around with that a little more this weekend too, and I've a cardinal to start (but not all of the colors I need to start him with!)  While the kids are getting haircuts tomorrow, I might find myself at Hobby Lobby picking up that handful of colors so that I can get started on that piece. I find myself scattered if I do not have a piece beside my chair to pick up! Right now there is a basket of orts and empty Q-snaps. That just won't do!

Tree Branch
Here are my three flipphone shots for today....manipulated in photoshop.
Pens on the Desk
Crack on the sidewalk


And now, off for an episode or two of Everybody Loves Raymond before tucking in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!