This morning I ran across this little list on a Facebook page called Woman.
Ten Spiritual Tonics
1. Stop worrying. Worry kills life.
2. Begin each day with a prayer. It will arm your soul.
3. Control appetite. Over-indulgence clogs body and mind.
4. Accept your limitations . . .
5. Don't envy. It wastes time and energy.
6. Have faith in people. Cynicism sours the disposition.
7. Find a hobby. It will relax your nerves.
8. Read a book a week to stimulate imagination and broaden your views.
9. Spend some time alone for the peace of solitude and silence.
10. Try to want what you have, instead of spending your strength trying to get what you want.
Abraham L. Feinberg
I wanted to do something more with the wooden wagon wheel beads I made the other day, and so today I goofed around a bit with them and was pretty happy with the results. So much so that I think I will make a few more and explore different ways to embellish and string them. Because they are cotton yarn, they have a really organic feel to them. I even kept one for myself! (Which I rarely do!)
These are the two that I finished and listed on Etsy this afternoon...
It's been a really productive day! I finished another quilt for my cousin's grandson, made with his great grandpa's flannel shirts. I had made two other smaller baby quilts for some of the other grand children earlier in the year. I *finally* got a day when I could sit down and work through this last one. I appreciate my family's patience while waiting for me to finish it! Eugene was my Dad's cousin, and both suffered for many years with a genetic disorder in our family, my Dad passing two years ago, and Eugene this last fall.
I tried something different with the stitching, as I wanted a child like scribbling thing going on, didn't turn out quite like I wanted to, but I am still okay with the results.
Now I'm off to read for a bit, and then going to meet Mom for supper at the very best chinese
restaurant in town. Yumm!!