Monday, April 2, 2012

Books

I made a trip to two of our thrift shops after work today, hoping to run across a few spring shirts and of course keeping my fingers crossed that a few other treasures might find their way into my basket.  While I did find two shirts, it was the books I found that really tickled me. They will fit in nicely with my other lovingly worn out novels. I found copies of Ernest Hemingway's For Whom The Bell Tolls and  Johanna Spyri's Heidi.  Both hardback, and both in pretty good condition.  Mind you, I got very excited because at *first* I thought I had stumbled upon a first edition of Hemingway, but I'm missing the "A" on the copyright page. Still thrilled to have the copy I do. I haven't read either of these since junior high!

The new additions to my library.

1938 copy of Heidi and 1940 copy of For Whom The Bell Tolls

Especially giggly over the illustrations in Heidi!
 Off now to stitch for awhile and curl up with the book I am currently reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!