Saturday, March 31, 2012

designing & planning

For all my good intentions, I did not get as much accomplished creatively this last week as I had hoped I would! I am almost done with Tweet, and I still have tomorrow to work, so I guess there is still that little flicker of hope! However, I did work through some correspondence and tidied up my studio and fiber and fabric stash.

In other news,  I am hoping that I might get back into creating a few designs  for a couple of magazines. (Once I get things in order, I'll share the name of the publications!) It's been a number of years since I have done anything for magazines, and after being contacted last week to see if I would be interested in submitting something, I decided to check back with a few other magazines as I remembered how exciting it was it was in my early days as a designer to see my designs all in glossy color on the pages of a magazine or special publication. 

As I mentioned at one point,  I am in the process of putting together various adapted craft classes. I've been given the opportunity as well to teach a few classes for Community Education starting this fall, most likely an adult drawing class, as well as other classes that I recommend.  Now, I have to decide what I would like to propose as classes. I've been digging through past Comm Ed class offerings as I want to suggest things that are different. More on that as it starts to come together. 

So, I guess while I did not create quite as much as I had hoped, I did get some things done after all. Just a different kind of 'getting done'. 

And now a bit of Zen...


....a  few pages of a book that had me crying  earlier...
...and  then
my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!