Wednesday, December 14, 2011

circles

I spent a rainy afternoon sorting my image "library".  I have an extensive collection of images that I have collected over the years, some that provide inspiration, others that are stock photos that I snatched up, sure that I would use them in something one day. Most of what I have collected appealed to me because I could see the images translated to another medium. 

As I went through some of my images of metal, I came across a lot of circles and hoops, manhole covers and ship porthole windows.  As I cataloged them, I studied them a little closer and picked out a few that I am going to work with over the weekend. 

I have always been fascinated by the circular form.  These particular images felt very organic to me, which left me wondering if I could capture that element with fiber and cloth. 

Time to sketch out some of my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!