Sunday, January 11, 2015

valentine & a new adventure


I just love the Whiskerkins.  As much as I like stitching the models for the more complex designs such as Carnival, the cats are just what I need when I want the gratification of a quick stitch. Valentine, the February installation of the collection provided just that. 

The finished stitch count for this piece is 52w x 74h, and I stitched the model on (appropriately) white chocolate 14ct. aida from Wichelt Imports. Just four colors of DMC floss, and a pink button later, we have our new kitty. 





I am starting a new adventure of sorts, a collaboration with Digi Cross Stitch & Lickity Stitch Designs, which will bring some of my designs to needleworkers in digital format for machine cross stitch.  Thus far, the Snowball of the Month Collection is ready to go, and the Whiskerkins are soon to follow. There are a few of the Lil Snowballz lurking about as well.


The digital files can be purchased at Digi Cross Stitch

While the printer cools off, I think I'll drink coffee and sketch for awhile.  It's been a busy but productive weekend!

Attitude of Gratitude
i am grateful for my smart and independent children
i am grateful for new opportunities to create art
i am grateful for the crockpot of french onion soup i can smell bubbling in the kitchen

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments!