Tuesday, December 30, 2014

attitude of gratitude

I use to keep a journal outside of the world of technology. Good old fashioned paper and pen. It was a book kept by my bedside and it was the first thing I picked up in the morning to jot in and the last thing I looked at before I went to bed (or picked up a book for a few chapters before sleep).

I still keep that journal sitting there, and I do occasionally pick it up and jot something down, but not with the same consistency as I did once before. I'm going to start scribbling there again, and I'm going to start blogging here with more regularity, too.

I want to start my day with an attitude of gratitude. I want to note those things that have come to me that I am grateful for. Give them significance and recognize them as the gifts that they are.

Time to really think about the things that give me pause as well as those things that I might take for granted, thinking they will always be there. If there is one thing I have learned this year it is that is not the case.

Today, I am grateful for color. For the way it leaves my children's eyes twinkling, such blue that has spoken of so many things over the years. Curiosity, joy, sadness. Happiness and even fear. Every blue imagined caught up there in those beautiful caring eyes.

Today, I am grateful for a warm blanket. For the comfort it brings whether I am cold or just needing to cocoon myself in the softness.

Today, I am grateful for Christmas cookies. No particular reason. They're just good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!