Wednesday, November 19, 2014

in the wee hours

I have involved myself in a lot of daily art challenges, some organized, and sometimes it has just been something that I have done to inspire myself, to fire myself up for all the creative things that I will gleefully tackle in my day. There's usually only one problem-- sometimes I get so wrapped up in the daily piece that I never get going with the things I -need- to accomplish, and then I find myself making excuses, like-- "but I did make art. the printing can wait until tomorrow"

So I have decided to look at this in a different way. 

Instead of warming up with it, I am winding down with it. A way to shut down my brain at the end of the day, to wander away from some of the more static parts of what I do in my daily work. It's my 'color outside the lines' time. 


Evening Stitch Meditation, 11/18/2014
 For as long as I can remember, I have kept an art journal beside my bed. I often find myself awake at 3am after a strange-really-need-to-remember-that dream. I don't mind waking up for those and scribbling things down. Whatever I was working on before I went to bed can often be found in my dreams that night. I would rather take a bit of random stitching into dreams than a paper jam or a low ink warning!

Evening Stitch Meditation, 11/19/14 detail
 Things have gotten really busy around here. It has been so wonderful. I've made new connections, collaborating on some new projects with other artists. Scary wonderful. I've wanted to make my art my career, to support myself with what I do, and I'm just on the edge of being able to do that, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a wee bit terrified. What happens if can't keep creating? Should I be more worried about retirement and supporting myself without this huge retirement fund and the security it brings? Well, I've always flown by the seat of my pants, and have always tried to live in the moment- this moment- right now. Thinking too far ahead only means missing out on what is happening right now. I put it up to the Universe, and this is the path that I'm being set upon, and I believe in the Universe. Still scared shitless sometimes though.

Tidbits!
I'm paring back my Tidbit Collection. There just isn't enough time to do everything without taking away from the enjoyment of it all. So for now? The embellishments will be going into winter hibernation. I imagine I'll still do special orders as they're requested, and there are still clubs and grab bags being finished up, but it's time to reel myself in and work with needle and thread for awhile instead of hook and fiber.

Time to go do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!