Thursday, September 25, 2014

Sparkle

Today I finished the model for my newest embellished design, Sparkle. I worked the model on a hand dyed fabric from Wichelt Imports-- Lazy River, 28ct. jobelan. There are four different Kreinik #4 braids used, and...yep. 

Tidbits.

This time around I used Valdani overdyed cotton embroidery thread, three strands, and crocheted these little buggers, centering them with glass crystal beads. 

The finished stitch count is 72w x 124h. 



It's been a good day. A productive day. I am slowly getting my head around this transition from hobby to career where my art is concerned. I have always considered myself an artist, but never an artist who would be able to support herself and her family with said art.  It has always been more of a supplemental thing, and I created for the sake of creating, always wishing for more time to create even more.

The last six months or so, things have been spiraling upward. At times, it feels so exciting. Other times I am scared-- worrying that  maybe I have taken that proverbial big bite that I can't chew.

It has helped that I have narrowed my scope a bit, concentrating on cross stitch and crochet as my mediums. Too often I get swept up in the 'gotta try that' frame of mind and find myself wandering, and unlike Tolkien's famous quote "All who wander are not lost", I truly am-- lost.

(That quote, by the way, is going to be my next tattoo. In Elvish. On the inside of my arm.)

Focus, girlfriend.  A 'To Do' list each day, but one that allows for that 'Hell with it, I'm going for a walk' moment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!