Tuesday, August 28, 2012

a few pretties to dye for

A trip to Rasmussen Woods made today, and although it was a very short visit, I did find a few pretties to try some natural dyeing. Now mind you, I do not have *any* idea what my results will be, as I've not tried any of these plants before, but that's half the fun. I need to stop for alum tomorrow morning and then the experimenting shall commence!








I also spent some time last night working on both Changing Seasons (which I will photograph tomorrow) and the slow cloth piece, Water At Night. 





Some sketching tonight for a few SnowAngelz and something marvelous for supper (although I've yet to figure that out) Then an early night to bed so I can finish up the book I am reading. Took a little bit to get into this one, but now I can't put it down! Good thing too, as I will be making a trip to the bookstore this weekend to pick up Terry Brooks' newest novel. Yay!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!