Tuesday, June 19, 2012

back to what brought me here

I do this all the time.  I stray from the designing style that was successful for me, and find myself frustrated because those new designs are not received with the same enthusiasm as my other stuff might have been.  So, I started sketching over the last couple of days, and I have tried to return to my roots. To the whimsie and goofiness that has always sort of been CM Designs.

I had planned on finishing up Ghoulie Parade this afternoon, but then made some changes, so I don't think I'll have it ready until next week.  I added a border and another pumpkin leading the parade.


After I finish Parade, I think I will jump right into Walking Zack, and after that, I'm going to start a new series based on my snowy sorts, but with a different twist. (more on that later) They'll be called SnowAngelz, a tribute to one of my favorite things to do in the winter. Falling backward in a pile of sparkling icy white, flapping my arms and legs until I leave the image of an angel behind in the powder.  Here are the first two of the series...




They'll be stitched with sparkly threads, blended needles, and embellished with sequins and snowflakes and whatever else I might come across as I get stitching. I want a fairy-angel-snowy-sparkle feel to them.

Website of the Day?  This one really touched the seamstress in me, the one that believes in reusing, recycling, upcycling, new from old...you get the idea!


What an amazing idea!! 365 new pieces of clothing, one each day, $365 spent. Yes, I do believe I am going to have to do this. I had wanted to start sewing some of my own clothing again, and this idea really resonates with me!

Now, off to finish a print order and then stitch for a bit. Hoping my fabric arrives today as I really need to get going on the quilt for Irish Quilting Magazine! (I am really going to have to put all these things on a project rotation or I won't get anything done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!