Monday, May 28, 2012

weekend play

As I was waiting to see what the final outcome would be of the last files on my old laptop, (and my brother, bless, was trying so hard to make sure I got everything back!) I played around with some embroidery and slow cloth, and some felted bits that I found up in the studio at my mom's.  I had them stashed, knowing one day I would use them!

They were cut from a striped wool sweater that I felted in the washing machine. I still have quite a few pieces of this, and I might play a little more, but for now, this is what I put together.  A pendant and "beads" for a bracelet.  The buttons are metal and metal-toned, harvested from old clothing.


The new slow cloth is again made from vintage handkerchiefs, this time I have used a cotton quilting fabric as a foundation as the hankies were pretty thread bare. I used a few of the holes in them already as my direction, trying to capture the feel of a cobblestone pathway through a rose garden.





Now I think I will dig back into Ghoulie Parade for the remainder of the afternoon. First, I need coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!