Friday, December 2, 2011

Stitching & A New Book

I spent my morning stitching, and I hope to get a bit more done this afternoon.  I took a break to take my textbooks to the book store for buy-back,  and I found myself with a little more money  then I thought I would. So, I made a trip to JoAnns for some odds and ends I needed to finish up a few things for the craft shows, and as I usually do, I stopped to look at the books. (And drooled a little.)

This book, Crafter's Devotional 365 Days of Tips, Tricks & Techniques for Unlocking Your Creative Spirit by Barbara Call just jumped out at me. Well, actually, it fell on the floor as I tipped it forward to see what was behind it.

I picked it back up and paged through it, and immediately stuck it in my basket!  I have attempted a 365 Days of Creativity thing before on this blog, and gave up about 100 days in as things just got too busy for me to try and do something separate from my usual work every day.  I think I might try to experiment a little with the new year and at least be thinking about something creative every day if nothing else!  There are some really neat things in this book and I look forward to exploring it further.  I have a few other books with daily inspiration and ways to put art into your life every day. I like to think I have done a pretty good job of that already, but I know there is so much more out there that I want to dig into and learn about, even if I never actually *do* some of it.

Book Description:  "There is something elemental shared among artists and crafters, regardless of chosen medium: creative energy. Crafters dabble, collaborate, muse, and make, all in their own way and on their own timeline. For all crafts, there are established techniques to follow but wild, innumerable ways to experiment, using the basics to launch crafters to new heights. Crafter’s Devotional can aid that launch. Each day of the year is given its own focus, on which the reader will find a daily dose of craft content that inspires, instructs, and illuminates."


I also stopped at Michaels for some yarn as they had the Loops & Threads Country Loom brand on sale. I created a new scarf with the skein I had and really liked the way it finished. So now its off to crochet some more even though I said I was done and ready for the shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!