Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Of Mice & Snowmen

*Finally*
Finished & Released
Of Mice & Snowmen 

Stitched over two threads on 28ct. hand-dyed Jobelan, watercress, from Wichelt Imports using DMC floss and Kreinik braids.  The finished size is 91w x 87h. Available on the website and also soon through 
Hoffman Distributing Company.
Of Mice & Snowmen CM Designs copyright 2011


I started working with the wool last night too, and thought that I might try my hand at making some unique art journals as I have a lot of ephemera paper, handmade papers and other bits that I think bound together would really be appealing.  I am very fascinated with trees, and this is what I have started to felt. I will be adding some needlework to it as well.

The next needlework project/design is a spin on this same concept. I hope to finish up the chart today so I can start stitching tomorrow! It will use a lot of buttons and more embroidery stitches than cross stitch. It should be a quick stitch. 

For now though, I am off to spend some time with a group of talented young artists with Watch Me Draw. Polar bears with chalk pastels! Such messy and delightful fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!