Sunday, October 16, 2011

embellishments

The last few days I have been playing around with my ephemera images and some of the digital illustration bits  I had put together, using them to create charms and pendants for jewelry making, scrapbooking, and possible embellishing art quilts and future cross stitch designs. Addicting!



I have also had a few requests for more crochet flowers, and so I have started crocheting a few again. They are quick and easy, and a good project that I can pick up when I have a few spare moments. The perfect way to pass the time when I am waiting for the kids to finish up something at school, or even in between classes myself.  Not to mention the fact that I still have a lot of itty bits of this yarn that just seem to speak of flowers!

I made the commitment to really focus on my cross stitch designing, but I do miss crochet, and these little blooms make it possible to keep the commitment and still indulge in some of the other needle crafts that I enjoy.


These were done with sugar and cream cotton yarn and measure about 3 inches across. I centered them with found blue buttons that I have collected over the years.

I think I am finally caught up with the printing and the purchase orders to Hoffman Distributing, so I can settle in with coffee and my newest design, Buck & Gene,  a quick stitch that I might even finish up today! After that, I might work on a piece that I am going to submit to Just Cross Stitch magazine for consideration. I miss magazine work, and part of my new drive is to explore magazines again. It has been a few years, (quite a few years!) but I remember the joy felt at seeing my work published in a magazine for the first time. I still smile !

1 comment:

  1. That Yarn Colour is hard to come by up Here of late - Was one of the Original Shades from BERNAT and a big "Seller" for my Blankets. BTW, looks great with those Buttons!

    Loving Your little Tiles, too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!