Wednesday, October 26, 2011

crochet flowers

While I have put away most of the other bits of this and that to concentrate on my cross stitch designing, I do still have some time to crochet in between classes or while I am waiting for the kids to get ready in the morning to take off for school. Crochet flowers are the perfect pick-up and create thing for me, and easy to transport. Here are my latest. I need to sew in these pretty little beads that I found at a flea market and then they'll be finished.

I used this yummy bulky wool meant for felting.

After they were crocheted, I felted the whole works in hot water and soap.


They are really fuzzy and colorful and fun!

I also made a few larger flowers with cotton yarn. These three white blooms are going to be worked into a scarf, I *think* with some others I made that are a variegated daffodil yellow and white. OR, I might do a free form crochet purse. I'm not sure yet.  These I have just sat and worked on in those spare moments when there is not enough time to get out the cross stitch. 


3 comments:

  1. the pink felted ones look specially nice. Good idea to have this kind of work on hand for when waiting in the doctors office etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love crocheting flowers - great for embellishing and other artful fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While Dad was undergoing "treatment" for 2 months this past summer, I acquired "CROCHET-LADY" status in the Waiting Room! Got a LOT of projects done!

    Crocheting is also handy for those "Airport" waits, too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!