Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Creative 365: Day 74 Another New Bit

I sorted through some scraps in the studio and came across a huge hunk of old flannel, actually two pieces, one in blue, the other in red.  Also in the stacks of this and that, I found some stray bits of a navy cotton quilt fabric, none big enough for squares themselves, but perfect for this image that was starting to come into my head. Somewhere in the drawers I knew there was an old navy handkerchief, as I had looked at it recently and thought it would make a cute doll dress!  Well, instead, I'm working it into this layered piece that is tumbling around in my head.



I'm not quite sure yet how I intend to sew the layers together. I've a handful of over-dyed threads and silks that I think would suit this and am leaning a little more toward a real rough and irregular feel. We'll see how it unfolds!

I also completed another hankie fabric and listed it in Leaf & Dirt...


Painting this afternoon and maybe a bit of stitching now that I have the next design ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!