Saturday, April 23, 2011

CM Designs: Bug Bungalow

Finally! Completed! Bug Bungalow, the newest release in cross stitch. I used several of Kreinik's new candy-themed #4 braids in this one, along with DMC six-strand flosses, both regular colors and the Color Variations for rock and leaves to give some dimension. The fabric is Wichelt's 14ct. aida in Butterfly Blue.

Bug Bungalow
Aida 14, Butterfly Blue 
132w X 166h count
It took awhile to complete, as my life had been taking a lot of twists and turns, but I am really happy with the way it turned out. While I really love my snowmen, (and of course will return to them!) it was fun to switch gears and stitch something bright and full of life.  I am thinking about doing a coral reef soon, with lots of beads and embellishments, and I have several birds on the drawing table too, trees and flowers, to take advantage of all these pretty fibers and fabrics I am seeing out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!