Sunday, March 6, 2011

Creative 365: Day 12 & 13 Crochet

Over the last six months or so I have been lucky on my thrift store excursions to find a handful of sweaters suitable for unraveling the yarn and recycling. I had a particular project in mind as I would hunt, wanting to find yarns in creams and browns, earthy tones, to make an afghan for my living room.


Yesterday I sorted through all of that yarn (something I had already started a few weeks ago as well) and began crocheting. The blanket thus far is made of nothing but recycled yarns. Because some of the yarns were  a little thinner than I like, I have had to use two different yarns together.  I love granny squares, and so this blanket will be one great big fuzzy square with many textures and different yarns woven together, a story in an of itself.

Today I am going to alternate between my stitching and continuing on with the blanket. Then it will be set aside until I am able to find more sweaters to give up their worn and wonderful yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!