Sunday, September 19, 2010

popsicles and ...some new little snowflakes. (that are still nameless)

I found myself awake a couple of hours before I had to go to work at the group home this morning, and so rather than lay in bed thinking to myself .."you still have two hours before you have to go to work" and thus wasting said two hours, I got out of bed and sketched. 

A half of a pot of coffee into it, I had a half dozen pages of sketches, and the ideas kept coming. It was refreshing to finally feel that spirit again, and to see some designs developing that were fresh and different, and as I kept going, I remembered buttons and ribbons and other embellishments that would work perfectly with these. They are small, like the Lil Flakes and Snowbugz.

In my head I see them with brightly colored scarves and hats, and I intend to get back to including embellishments (different for each chartpack) to give them a unique feel. Can't wait to get started on them!

I am also looking forward to speaking with Karen Combs in regard to the fabric collection I have been working on.  It should tie in nicely with my Snowmen if all goes as planned with it.

All in all, a good solid creative weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I could see this little guy named something like - Wishing Upon a Star. He's cute!

    Smiles - Denise
    (I got up early this morning too. I got 6 hrs of stitching in before hubby got up)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, you've got to love the early morning stitching when the house is quiet. It's one of my favorite times to work too!

    Thank you, Peggy! I hope they stitch up as I envision them!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!