Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mixed Media Monday Challenge: Eggs

This week's challenge for the Mixed Media Monday Group is Eggs.  I had originally thought to do a collage, but changed my mind and decided to do a little egg-shaped art quilt. I worked in a few stamped leaves and words 'hope, believe, imagine' and two sterling charms. I might still take another look at it and add some pearl buttons on the branch side. It feels a little bare for me for springtime!  (click image to enlarge)

OH! And I discovered a reeeeally cool website while working on an assignment for my flash animation class! Worth a look-see.

Color Chart: Reinventing Color 1950-Today

15 comments:

  1. Hi Carolyn, your art quilt is gorgeous!! hope you'll make more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful art quilt- very beautiful and creative entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous! very spring-y!! how big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lola, it is about 8 x 10. Big enough for a wall hanging or with a little ribbon a doorknob hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the third time I've tried to make a comment...gee, I hope it works because your work is amazing!!! and so inspiring!
    Happy Easter!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww. I love your little egg quiltie! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful idea!! love your little quilted egg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow fabulous fabric art.
    Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fabric egg is gorgeous!

    I wish you and your familiy a happy Easter.
    Cheers
    MARTINA :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous fabric quilt! Absolutely gorgeous - cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love it! It's a great art quilt. I don't think the branches look bare, but some pearl buttons might be sweet--I hope you post if you decide to add them

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carolyn your Egg is so beautiful I love trees and I love your stamped leaves.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Carolyn, this is amazing! Diane

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!