Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Middle of the Week

This week has been my spring break from school, and I had promised myself that I would commit myself to really getting some things done and some ideas to paper and to charts this week. I am happy to say that I have accomplished a good amount of that and it is only Wednesday!

I have almost finished "Rosie" of the Little Snowballz. I plan on backstitching her this afternoon. After I finish with this piece, I think I am going to jump in with something that is kind of a departure for me, away from the whimsical and to something a little more serious.  I have started designing a series of mediation mandalas and I am very pleased with the way they are turning out. They are bit more involved where stitching is concerned and will be a bit more time consuming, but I think the end result will be stunning.  I put a fair number of hours into the designs, but it did not feel like work at all. I worked the patterns and found myself mesmerized by the flow, and once I found myself with that effect, I knew I had been successful.
I'm not sure which one I would like to attempt first. I have also considered painting canvases with these for needlepoint.

I finished the Alder Tree piece for my Celtic Sacred Tree Series, and have started researching the Willow, which is the next month in the calendar.  It is a project very dear to me, and I am doing it as much for myself if not more than anything else. I have decided though that I am going to do the entire series before considering publication with them and release the entire series as a book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!