Friday, February 19, 2010

King of the Mountain


King of the Mountain of the Flakey Friends Series is complete! This design is based on a sketch I did some time ago, and I finally worked the charting and stitching of it into the rotation. I had been missing the little trio! I have started the "O" of the Little Snowballz line, Oscar or Ollie, I have not decided for sure which to name him. He is looking a little more like an Ollie.

This afternoon I intend to try and break this creative slump I find myself in with a trip down to the studio. I will hopefully have a few stories to tell with my next update!

***back from the studio***

This is what I started creating today. After rethinking the 12x12 challenge I was going to set myself up with, I have decided to go with a series of much smaller organic feeling blocks that are not traditional blocks. I think I will go back in and couch some threads perhaps or do some beadwork.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very beautiful piece, love the colors.
    Regards from Anni

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!