Thursday, January 16, 2014

up next

All this cold and snow has me thinking spring.  I've been having so much fun with florals lately that I thought to take things one step further and find a way to meld together my cross stitch design with fabric design.   I have 12 8x8 designs in various stages of charting, each to be worked as a quilt block.  Using the same patterns, I've started playing around with complimentary fabric, digitally deconstructing the cross stitch block patterns and creating a repeat pattern.  Still a *lot* of work to do. The fabrics will eventually find their way to Spoonflower and I'll order up a few test swatches to see how they are translating.

Block #1
Need to go and check out my needlework fabric stash and double check colors. I'm sure that the colorways will change up a few times before I truly get started with this. 
Block #2

Block #3


First fabric concepts


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!