Sunday, January 19, 2014

doodles and stuff

I've started doodling again. Me, my sharpie markers and one of my sketchbooks and this is what I've found myself doing over the last few days.  What's kind of cool is that these images can be pulled into my cross stitch chart program, and I'm finding that they have some potential as needlework patterns. (More on that later!)  I ran across a group on Facebook that is all doodlers and it has really helped me get back into drawing something every day. 




I have also been spending time stitching-- and stitching outside of my model work for the cross stitch designs. So much inspiration out there!


Work from the wee hours while doing the graveyard shift.

I had so much fun doing the cross stitch interpretation of the granny square blanket that I thought it might be fun to do something similar with quilt blocks.  I found a resource of traditional star blocks and started goofing around with them and have come up with a few different designs in cross stitch that I plan on exploring.  I think I might incorporate a bit of petit point into these as well. 



Now off with me! Needing a serious cup or three of coffee and an episode of the Golden Girls to start off my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!