Thursday, January 10, 2013

just a dragonfly...

...and pondering ravens.

As I believe I've mentioned, the raven is one of my animal spirit guides. For about the last week or so, I have been seeing ravens everywhere. Not uncommon, really, but it's never been just one.

Rather, it's been four. Always four. Every morning. I've seen four. And not just in the same spot.

I have been thinking about it a lot, and wondered what the significance was.

Couldn't be more spot on.

"The symbolic meaning of number Four deals with stability and invokes the grounded nature of all things. Consider the four seasons, four directions, four elements all these amazingly powerful essences wrapped up in the nice square package of Four. Fours represent solidity, calmness, and home. A recurrence of Four in your life may signify the need to get back to your roots, center yourself, or even "plant" yourself. Fours also indicate a need for persistence and endurance."
(from Spiritual Meaning of Numbers )

Especially these bits...

the need to get back to your roots
home
a need for persistence and endurance

I've been feeling especially restless. I have craved some sort of grounding. To reconnect, to find my creative direction.  Home? Well that is a given, and always my focus. Persistence and endurance, to get through this rough patch emotionally, financially, even physically. Not to mention creatively. 

It will be interesting to see if I see any other 'fours' popping up.

Day 8/365 Dragonfly Days

Started work on the stained glass design today, after changing up the colors yet again. I also did some research on 16th century embroidery and textiles for an upcoming collaboration with creative friends.  More on that as it progresses!

Now off to play with clay for awhile. The printer needs to cool off. Crazy hot after today's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!