Sunday, September 2, 2012

winter branches

The snow fell on the branches yesterday, stitched with winter white and a shimmery Kreinik braid; adding a pale blue just to make all the white pop a little more. I have another spool of silvery-blue braid in my basket that might still find its way worked in. Decision to be made once I have my coffee!




Now on to spring things, the first pastels of the season, a little shimmery sparkle that is both winter and the promise of summer to follow. Moving right along, hope to have this completed by the end of our long weekend! Also finished yesterday, (and needing a good pressing!) Autumn.




This was a lot of fun. It reconnected me with my spontaneity; with free stitching and working from images and ideas in my head rather than those already put down on paper, giving me permission to change things midstream even if there is a pattern in front of me. It is definitely an exercise I will visit again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!