Thursday, June 21, 2012

nothing much

Backstitching Ghoulie Parade tonight. Hope to have it completed and photographed tomorrow afternoon.  Finally, a cooler day, and it has been a productive one. The air conditioning really messes me up, and so being able to open up the windows was oh-so-welcomed.

I think I might go out and spend a little time with my flowers and herbs. They need a little attention after the handful of days where the heat had them a bit wilty.
Received my fabric from Wichelts today, including a couple of newer colors in 16ct aida. They are black chocolate and white chocolate. Also available, raspberry chocolate and milk chocolate, which I have in linen. I have a couple of ideas for these fabrics. More on that later!

Also got some of my favorite hand-dyed 28ct. jobelans which I use frequently as I've really come to love stitching over two threads.  I might get brave and attempt a petit point design and stitch over one on this very fine fabric. Or maybe just experiment on something myself to make sure I'm not utterly frustrated with the technique!

Website of the Day?  Studio Ribizla  Some amazing images and links to other creative tidbits.

~*~

~thank you for today~
I am grateful for each moment I was allowed to remain in, for the calm that seemed to wrap itself around me, and for the flowers that are multiplying in both my garden and my life. 

‎"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content." 
- Helen Keller-

~*~

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Chris! I will definitely trot over to your blog and have a look as well. Glad to have you here!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!