Wednesday, May 23, 2012

family visiting & a bit of *meh.*

Still struggling somewhat with this heavy 'don't-wanna-do-much-of-anything'-thing. It's frustrating because I really have things to work on. I have things I want to do. I just hate the feeling that I -have- to.  Maybe that's the problem. I just need to get out of this rut. I don't feel right if I'm not making something. So I just need to start making something for no other reason BUT to create.

I kinda sorta started doing that this morning. I played around a bit with an Inca inspired motif, and charted the design below. I think I will try out some of the new DMC Color Variations colors with this.


I'm also working on another bit of slow cloth with handkerchiefs I found at the thrift store. I like the slow cloth as I can pick it up and work for a handful of minutes and put it away again, no pressure, just creating and watching as the new fabric emerges.  I will snap a few shots over the weekend to show my progress on that piece.

My brother and his boys are here, and I've got the next few days off, so I might have to take the stitching down to my mom's, sit on the deck and stitch away the morning while chatting with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!