Friday, January 20, 2012

kicking around ideas

Today I was looking for a special button for a personal project I was working on, and just couldn't find what I was looking for. (Yes, hard to believe with the collection of buttons I have amassed over the years!) I wanted a cloth button with a lot of color and texture.  While I still haven't found what I wanted, I did sit down and play with some ideas for creating what I needed, and then I played some more.

I have been looking for some new ideas for interesting cross stitch patterns, and I might start a series of button motifs. These two were made using "bits" of some abstract digital art I had done and each motif stitches under 20w X 20h and -should- be suitable for 38mm (size 60) buttons if I have done my math right!

I could even do up some teeny tiny snowfolk!


Now, I think it is time for a nap. Cold and snow and too early out of bed have combined to make me one sleepy stitcher, and I do enough frogging as it is when I am wide awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!