Thursday, April 21, 2011

Creative 365: Day something or other...oh! I think Day 50!

I've a stack of vintage handkerchiefs that have been waiting patiently to be tended. This is what I started playing with this afternoon.



Some of the hankies I recently acquired do not have enough of their edges stable to make several blooms, so I tried making just one large one, and this is what I ended up with for my first attempt. The beads clustered in the center are pearls harvested from a broken necklace.

Now off for a couple hours of backstitching to finish up Bug Bungalow (which I have decided will be part of the Fernfolk Series of cross stitch patterns, a complimentary piece perhaps to Bug Herder!) and maybe even a little crochet yet tonight depending on how long my eyes cooperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!