Saturday, March 26, 2011

Creative 365: Day 29 & 30 Bracelets

This weekend I have been working on jewelry. I wanted to work my love of texture, fibers and beading into the designs, and with boxes and bins of bits of this and that, I started working on the first of what I hope will be many. They are so much  fun to put together. As a big fan of collecting discarded pretties, I decided that I would only use found and recycled fibers, beads and stones.   This is what I have done so far...





I started with a piece of vintage quilt binding  tape as my base, and couched various fibers to it along with bits of broken necklace chain. I added shell beads, glass beads and a variety of semi-precious stones and beads. I hope to finish it yet today or possibly tomorrow depending on when I get a clasp for it.

The pictures were taken with my phone camera as I have been down at my mother's helping her with her recovery and forgot that I did not have my digital with me, and so they are a bit blurred, but I will take better pictures with my camera once I have finished the piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!