Monday, March 21, 2011

Creative 365: Day 25 & 26 Sunday Sketch Up & Frosty Fishing Friends

Today I finished the companion cross stitch design to Snowy Snuggles. This piece is called 
Frosty Fishing Friends. The design stitches up at 96w x 104h and uses DMC floss, Weeks Dye Works threads and the Kreinik's holographic blending filament to give the snow a little sparkle in some places.


Now I am going to set aside the snow and work on something with a little more...spring. Using this sketch I had started for Sunday Sketch-Up and finished today back in school, (Day 25 of my Creative 365, yes, I'm a bit here and there with this personal challenge after my mom's illness and in progress recovery!) I have this heavily embellished bug bungalow in my head.  Wichelt has a pretty aida called Butterfly Blue that I intend to use, and Kreinik has recently put out some delicious candy-themed braids that will work perfectly for this. 
My mom is on the road to recovery, and my spirit is feeling a bit lighter for it. Time to put some color back in my creative process as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!