Monday, February 21, 2011

Creative 365: Day 1

4x4 block
I am committing myself to doing something creative outside of my usual "work" every day for the next 365 days. This is Day 1.  With watercolor markers, I did a scribble pattern. It was really quite random. I have been playing a lot with a Moorish star motif, and had included that in the pattern.  I scanned the image, then brought it into Corel Paintshop, applied a kaleidoscope effect, then offset it.

8x8 block, artistic effects applied
I placed four blocks into an 8x8 swatch, added posterize and halftone effects, and here is the end result.


2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what programs you are using. But, your mind is so beyond mine! This is off the charts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Denise! For these particular images I used Corel Paintshop Pro. They have a wonderful kaleidoscope effect that does amazing things!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!