Monday, September 6, 2010

Monarchs and Camera Whoas

I went to Rasmussen Woods on Saturday and went exploring in places that I had not gone before. There is certainly a lot to see. I had my camera with me. It is just a inexpensive little point and shoot that I typically get pretty good results with. Well yes, for the web. The darn thing will not give me a photo with a resolution above 96dpi. Unless I am missing something and believe me, I tried everything. So I have nearly a hundred new photos that I took because I needed them for a school project and I cannot use any of them because I need 300dpi. Grr.

Did I mention Grr?

There were so many dragonflies and a few stray monarch butterfies in the meadow. When I got home,  I tried to distract myself from the camera dilemna by playing with more seamless tiles, these inspired by the monarch butterflies. This is what I came up with, or at least a few of them. This is quickly becoming an addiction.





Now for a bit of stitching to top off the long weekend!

While I did get quite a bit accomplished, I am still feeling like curling up in a dark corner and sucking my thumb for awhile. There is still so much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!