Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Terrific Tuesday

It has been a wonderful day and it is only half-way finished!

I learned some things about textile design and received some encouragement to keep working on concepts I have been developing. It was a much needed spark to my creativity. I had been feeling pretty frustrated lately as I tried to get a break or even just an evaluation of my artwork as it applied to fabric design. I have a direction again and I am very excited to see what I can put together with the suggestions I received!

Blight, Broomhilda & Booz has been released by Hoffman Distributing, and our wobbly pile of Halloween pals seems to be popular so far. Good to see as I love doing Halloween projects. I did not have time to knock out another one and get it out there for stitchers before Halloween would be upon us, so I am currently stitching the first of the new Snowman line. I don't have a name for them yet, but stay tuned. I'm sure something will come to me soon enough!

I have also come across a HUGE lot of pretty little buttons in a variety of colors. I found them at the thrift store and I immediately envisioned this flower bed with catepillars crawling about on the stems.  I know we're heading into fall and winter, (shhhh, I know, don't mention the end of summer!) but I think I will sneak this design into the rotation over the winter months.

A few pretty petals to break up the stark white of winter (at least here in Minnesota!) are always welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!