Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Zeke of the Little Snowballz

And so the series is complete!

I just finished Zeke who is the "Z" (obviously!) of the Little Snowballz  series. He finishes at 57w x 97h. I stitched my model on Thyme hand-dyed Jobelan from Wichelt Imports using DMC floss.

All 26 can be seen on my website or the Carolyn Manning Designs facebook page. This collection was a lot of fun to create and stitch. I appreciate the positive feedback I have gotten for them. I have another line of snowy sorts in my head that I hope to get started sketching next week. Next in the stitching rotation, "Walking the Bat", a Halloween design that pairs well with the "Walking Jack" design from last year's Trick or Treat season.

Lately I have been struggling with my designing direction. I went back and looked at some of the magazines my work had made it into back when I started this adventure (believe it or not) 14 years ago. I was known for my whimsical designs back then, and while I have ventured off that path from time to time over the years, I always seem to find myself back on it again.

I am reminded of my love for animation; a fascination that started when I was a kid and saw Snow White in our old State Street Theatre here in town. When doodles covered school notebooks and  I was giving silly cartoons names like Buggy-Roo and Clive. Goofy grins, and colorful characters.

This path that leaves me lighter of heart and smiling easier. It is my path and my place.

I think I like it here. I might stay awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!