Thursday, June 10, 2010

Spring Meditation: Miniature Mandala


Last night I stayed up into the wee hours working on finishing a couple of things. It has been a long time since I was a true night owl. There were nights in the past when I use to stay up and paint until the sun came up. Children and a change in my work hours left me crawling into bed early.  It feels good to be up late again and suprisingly, still find myself getting up fairly early as well.

I finished the Spring Meditation mandala last night and then dove into unravelling another sweater.  Yesterday I made my thrift store trek and found two sweaters that I thought would be perfect for yarn salvage and recycling. (Along with several good sized bits of batik fabric, a handful of vintage handkerchiefs, some big gold safety pins, and a cute shoulder bag that was handmade by someone. Perfect size for my wallet, my book and my camera. It was a good treasure hunting day!) 

The miniature mandala is stitched over two threads on 28ct. thyme jobelan from Wichelts and uses DMC floss.  Next up, the fall piece. The yarn is 75% wool and 25% acrylic. Browns and purples, some mauve and other earthy colors, and the texture of it is delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!