Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Meditation II --The Mandala Series

Yesterday I found a good chunk of stitching time and was able to finish up Meditation II of my Mandala Series.  I stitched this on 14ct. Lavender Sunset Jobelan Aida from Wichelt Imports and I tried out Kreinik's new holographic metallics.The piece finishes at 72w x 72h. 

The holographic threads did not seem to pop as much as I thought they should, but once I got the whole piece done, the effect was very nice as they did catch the light and also reflected the colors next to them.

I have started Thomas of the Little Snowballz series. A couple more days of class and then I should be able to really dig into finishing up the line over the summer.

A few late nights have been spent with playing around with the fabric line as well, and I think I have stumbled on a concept with wildflowers and herbs.  My goal is to have the first part of this done and ready to send off for consideration by mid-June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!