Monday, March 15, 2010

Rosie of the Little Snowballz

I finished the "R" of the Little Snowballz Series, Miss Rosie.  She is named for my mother who I do not believe I have ever in all my 40-cough-something years seen without her red lipstick.

She is stitched over two threads on 28ct. Orange hand-dyed Jobelan  from Wichelt Imports using DMC 6 strand flosses.  Her finished size is 72w x 81h.

Stuart is next in line, but right now I have followed my plan of departing from the Little Snowballz to stitch the first of my Mandala series. I spent the weekend working on the piece and found it so relaxing.

//

Back to school today as Spring Break has ended. I am a bit distracted as my Dad's condition has turned for the worst again. I was able to spend a bit of time with him yesterday, and I think he knew who I was which was a great comfort as he has not been able to say who I was recently.  He asked for my brother who is currently in Japan. That was hard. I wish all of us kids could be here right now.  My artwork has been helpful and it has allowed me to both keep my mind off of what is happening and in the present moment as that is the one that matters the most. Not what happened before or what lay six minutes or six days ahead. Just right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!