Thursday, March 18, 2010

Goodbye

This afternoon I said goodbye to my dad.  After a long and difficult illness, he finally let go and passed. Being there with him when he took his last breath was strangely cathartic. He is at peace and seeing him cross to that place has allowed me to find some of my own.

I know this ending will mean a new beginning for my creative process.  I had already started looking at things from a new perspective while he was ill, and now it just feels as if a weight is gone and things I wanted to explore before have been given new life and new energy to persue.

Goodbye, Dad. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolyn....I am so sorry to hear about your Dad passing.....May you find the peace you need in your heart....

    He is in a better place now and is smiling at you....

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!